- 2 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coarsely chopped almonds
- 1 tablespoon chilled Earth Balance margarine, cut into small pieces
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup dried figs
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 egg replacements (I used EnerG)
- 3/4 cup natural unsweet applesauce
- 1/3 cup plain soy yogurt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (if you have almond extract use it - I didn't)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/3 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
Preheat oven to 350°. Make the streusel: combine the streusel ingredients in a small bowl, stirring with a fork until crumbly; set aside.
Place egg replacements (made according to package directions) in a medium bowl. Add applesauce, yogurt, oil, and vanilla extract; stir well. Add sugar; stir well.
Combine flours and remaining ingredients in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk.
Drain figs, and coarsely chop.
Add figs and applesauce mixture to flour mixture, stirring until just combined. Divide batter between prepared pans.
Sprinkle streusel over batter.
Bake at 350° for 55 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 15 minutes on a wire rack; remove from pans.
Cool completely on wire rack.