- 13 ounces Dreamfields uncooked spaghetti
- 1 (1-lb.) package Italian sausage, casings removed and sausage crumbled (I used Field Roast)
- 1 large onion, cut into tenths (or more)
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (28-oz.) can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Prepare pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, crumble sausage with your fingers into a bowl.
Sauté onion and next 3 ingredients in hot oil in Dutch oven over medium-high heat 6 to 8 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
Stir in sausage and cook about 2-3 minutes.
Add tomatoes, salt, and pepper; cook 4 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Stir in pasta and cheese. Transfer mixture to serving platter, and serve immediately.
You could add some bread and a tossed salad for a big hearty dinner.