Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Pickled Jalapenos

Our jalapenos are doing great, we planted 12 plants in the early spring. Here is my first harvest. I decided to pickle them since I buy jars of jalapenos every other week. We put them on any Mexican type dish, baked potatoes, in breakfast burritos, you name it.

I just sliced them and put them in jars to which I had added a bay leaf, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a peeled garlic clove in each jar.

Mix equal parts water and apple cider vinegar over a medium heat til bubbly. Fill each jar with this mixture, screw on the lids and water bath for 10 minutes.

Umm Umm, love me some peppers.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you've posted this recie, as jars of pickled jalapeno are so expensive. I'm goiing to bookmark this recipe, should i stumble upon some fresh jalapenos, I'll be making my own. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @mangocheeksWe love pickled anything, but we consume a lot of jalapenos. You should try growing a few plants. We actually put in 12 plants but a 4 pack is plenty for fresh peppers.

    ReplyDelete