Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Beef(less) Mole

So I found this recipe I ripped from a mag for Chicken Mole, I didn't have any faux chicken but I had Gardein Beefless Tips, so here is my rendition on the recipe. Be sure to cook up a big batch of your favorite rice to serve this over. This made a lot of gravy, you could probably use 2 packages of tips, although I only used one. (My pics are so great this time around... need to check the camera settings)
  • 2 tablespoons canola oil
  • 1 medium onion
  • 6 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon 
  • 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1 cup smooth almond butter 
  • 1 can fire-roasted tomatoes 
  • 2 cups vegetable broth
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 slice of white bread, cubed small (I only had a left over Easter roll) 
  • 1 package Gardein Beefless Tips
  • Cooked rice

In a dutch oven, combine oil, onion, garlic, cocoa powder, cinnamon, red pepper flakes, cloves and black pepper.  Saute for 5 minutes.

Add the almond butter and mix until is melts into the other ingredients.  

Add tomatoes, broth, salt and bread, and bring it back to a simmer.  Cover the pot and cook for 12-15 minutes.

Add the beefless tips and cooked til they are done (about 5 minutes).

 Serve over rice with a tortilla and a glass of wine. If you had some guac it would make a good side dish. Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment