- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium onion
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup smooth almond butter
- 1 can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 slice of white bread, cubed small (I only had a left over Easter roll)
- 1 package Gardein Beefless Tips
- Cooked rice
In a dutch oven, combine oil, onion, garlic, cocoa powder, cinnamon, red pepper flakes, cloves and black pepper. Saute for 5 minutes.
Add the almond butter and mix until is melts into the other ingredients.
Add tomatoes, broth, salt and bread, and bring it back to a simmer. Cover the pot and cook for 12-15 minutes.
Add the beefless tips and cooked til they are done (about 5 minutes).
Serve over rice with a tortilla and a glass of wine. If you had some guac it would make a good side dish. Enjoy!