- 1 pound faux ground beef (use your fav)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can Rotelle
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 jar sliced mushrooms, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 pound penne, cooked (or your fav pasta shape)
- 1 package Daiya mozzarella shreds
Cook the first three ingredients in a large skillet over medium heat about 5 minutes. Let the veggies get a good start.
Stir in tomatoes and the next 7 ingredients (through the crushed red pepper); bring to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer, stirring occasionally for 20 minutes.
This is when you should get that pasta going. Cook and drain.
Stir pasta and cheese into sauce. Spoon into a lightly greased 13 x 9 baking dish. Bake for 35 minutes at 350.
Enjoy! You can serve with a favorite salad, bread or fruit.
Off topic, on Tuesday morning we had to put our four-legged family member George down -somehow he slipped a disk during the night Monday - we went to bed all fine and woke up with George paralyzed in his hind quarters. He was such an awesome part of our family and will always remain in our hearts. RIP George!