We've been on a Tex-Mex spree, here's another delicious recipe adapted from one I found on MyRecipes. The gooier and hotter the better. I don't usually cook in the microwave (that's not really cooking- is it??) but this came together so fast for a week night meal I appreciated the quickness.
- 4 medium poblano chiles, halved and seeded
- 1 can vegetarian refried beans
- 1 (8.8-ounce) pouch Uncle Ben's Original Ready Rice
- 1/2 cup picante sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) Vegan Gourmet Nacho Cheese Alternative (or your choice of cheese)
- Chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
Place chile halves, cut sides up, on a microwave-safe dish. Cover with wax paper; microwave at HIGH 3 minutes.
While chiles cook, combine beans, rice, and picante sauce in a medium bowl, stirring well. (I know it's not pretty, but it is good!)
Spoon bean mixture evenly into chile halves.
Cover with wax paper; microwave at HIGH 2 minutes. Uncover chiles, sprinkle each half with 2 tablespoons cheese, and microwave at HIGH 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese melts.
Sprinkle evenly with cilantro, if desired.