- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 6 cups no-chicken broth (I use Better Than Bouillon)
- 1 package Tofurky Chick'n Style Seitan
- 2 cans Great Northern beans, drained
- 1 cup whole kernel corn
- 2 cups salsa verde (I use store brand)
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- Garnish: tortilla chips, scallion, avocado, vegan sour cream, cilantro
Saute onion in about 1/4 cup water until kind of soft in a medium saucepan.
Add broth, seitan, beans, salsa, corn and cumin. Stir to combine. Heat over medium-high heat until boiling, then cover; reduce heat and simmer 15-20 minutes.
You don't want this super thick it's more the consistency of soup. But you can take the lid off while cooking if you want it thicker. Garnish as desired.