- 1 large butternut squash, halved, deseeded
- 1 medium sweet onion, quartered
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and deveined
- 1 shallot, hyalved
- 5 cloves garlic, skin removed
- 2 cups no-chicken chicken broth (I use Better Than Bouillon)
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar (I use Bragg's brand)
Preheat oven to 400F and grease a large baking pan with oil (or use parchment). Place prepared squash on pan and bake for 30 minutes.
Toss the other veggies with a little oil and then toss on the roasting pan (onions, jalapeno, shallot, garlic).
Roast another 30 minutes.
Scoop the flesh from the squash and add it and the other veggies to a large soup pot.
Add the chicken broth, coconut milk, sage, numeg and vinegar. Use your hand emulsion blender and blend well.
Bring soup to a boil, then reduce to low and simmer 20-30 minutes. Enjoy!!