- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup honey or agave
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire (use a vegan brand)
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 datil peppers
Add ingredients to your blender.
Blend until peppers are smooth.
Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered about 20 minutes, or until it's the consistency you like. Pour into a jar and refrigerate. Keep refrigerated.