- 4 flour tortillas, mine were 8 inch (use whatever size spring form or casserole dish you have)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 package Beyond Beef crumbles
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 12-ounce beer or equivalent vegetable broth
- 1 small can sliced black olives
- 1 package Daiya pepperjack shreds
- Garnish: chopped cilantro, guacamole, sour cream, salsa, pickled jalapenos, chopped lettuce
Preheat oven to 400F. Heat the water in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, jalapenos and garlic. Cook until soft about 5-7 minutes.
Stir in cumin and chili powder and cook for a minute.
Once most of the liquid has evaporated stir in the olives and season with salt and pepper.
Place a tortilla on the bottom of your dish. (I put my dish in a piece of aluminum foil, just in case it tried to leak.)
Top with 1/4 of the veggie/beef mixture.
Add 1/4 of the cheese.
Top with another tortilla.
Repeat this process with each tortilla.
Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and started to brown.
Let cool for about 5-7 minutes, then remove the outer ring of the spring form pan.
Cut into 6 wedges and serve with above mentioned garnishes.