I hope you enjoy visiting and getting ideas of plant based recipes to try. I sure enjoy making these post and having you drop by.
So, without further ado, Polenta Bake. I based this recipe on the one over at Sweet Earth Kitchen.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 package Sweet Earth Seitan Grounds
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1/2 medium eggplant, diced
- 1 large zucchini, sliced lengthwise, then cross (into half moons)
- 1 large yellow squash, sliced lengthwise, then cross (into half moons)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 10 ounces baby spinach
- 1 1/2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 tube prepared polenta, sliced lengthwise into 6 slices
- 1 package Go Veggie vegan mozzarella shreds
Preheat oven to 450. Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet. Add grounds, eggplant, zucchini, squash and bell pepper.
Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, 4-6 minutes.
Add salt, pepper, water and spinach. Cover and cook until spinach is wilted, stirring once (about 3-4 minutes.)
Add marinara sauce to the skillet and heat through.
Place polenta in a single layer in a 9x13 baking dish sprayed with oil.
Add the vegetable mixture from skillet.
Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Bake until bubbly and cheese is melted, 12-15 minutes.
Let stand for 5-7 minutes before cutting.