- 1 pound linguine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 package chopped seitan, (I used Westsoy chicken style)
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 zucchini, cut in half vertically, then sliced in half circles
- 8 ounces mushrooms, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/3 cup Bragg's Liquid Aminos
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha hot sauce (this is a lot of spice, tone it down if you don't like spicy)
- 2 inches fresh ginger, grated
- 1 handful fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup peanuts, chopped
Cook linguine according to package directions in a large stock pot. Drain pasta and set aside.
In a medium bowl combine brown sugar, Braggs, sriracha, and ginger; whisk well to combine; set aside.
Return large stock pot to stove, heat over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add seitan, zucchini, mushrooms, and garlic and red pepper flakes. Saute over medium high heat for 5-6 minutes or until veggies are cooked through.
Turn heat down to low, add pasta back to the pot, then pour the sauce mixture over the top. Using a wooden spoon, stir well to coat pasta and vegetables with sauce. Remove from heat, add peanuts, green onions, and cilantro; stir to combine.