- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 package Gardein Beefless Ground
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 (1-ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16-ounce) jar medium salsa
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups uncooked rotini or elbow pasta
- 1 1/4 cups Diaya Pepper Jack shreds
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
(Somehow I managed to delete the pic that has the ingredients laid out... duh!)
Heat the oil in a large deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beefless ground, onion, bell pepper, taco seasoning and salt. Cook, stirring frequently, until the vegetables are softened, about 6 minutes.
Add the salsa, water and pasta; bring to a boil.
Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, stirring frequently, until the pasta is tender, 7-9 minutes.
Sprinkle evenly with the cheese. Cover and cook until the cheese is melted, about 1 minute. Serve sprinkled with the cilantro.
Garnish with avocado, pickles jalapeno slices, etc.