- 1 package Gardein beefless ground
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1 16-ounce jar green salsa
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups no-chicken chicken broth
- 1 15-ounce can pinto beans, rinsed
- Garnish: cheese, sour cream, chopped scallions
In a large saucepan add 1/2 cup water, bring to a boil over medium heat. Add bell pepper and onion and sweat until veggies are tender.
Add beefless ground, garlic, chili powder, cumin and cayenne; cook until fragrant, about 15 seconds.
Stir in salsa and broth; bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in beans and cook until heated through, about 1 minute.
Garnish with toppings.