- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vegan margarine
- 1/2 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 pound collard greens, chopped
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 4 turnips, peeled and diced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a large pot over medium heat, heat oil and butter. Saute the onions until slightly softened, about 2 minutes.
Add the red pepper flakes and garlic, cook another minute.
Add collard greens and cook another minute.
Add the vegetable stock, cover and bring to a simmer. Cook about 20 minutes and then add the turnips. Continue cooking until greens and turnips are tender, about 20 additional minutes.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
We ate these with a baked sweet potato and Gardein's Turkey Cutlets. Enjoy!