- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 large carrots, diced
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 large stalks celery, diced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 cans crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup oil-cured sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon smoky paprika
- 1 zucchini, quartered lengthwise and then sliced
- 1 bunch rainbow chard, chopped
- 1 small fennel bulb, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
Heat the oil in a large soup pot. Add onion and garlic and saute until golden.
Add the carrots, potatoes, celery, fennel and broth.
Add all of the tomato products, zucchini, chard and paprika. Simmer about 20 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
Stir in the chard and cook about 10 minutes. Add parsley just before serving. If the soup gets too thick add a small amount of water.