- 2 large bell pepper, cut in half, seeds and membranes removed
- 3 cups Spanish Rice (see recipe above)
- 1 package Field Roast Chipotle Sausage
- 1 can Rotel (if you make the rice with rotel you may want to use plain diced tomaotes)
- you favorite vegan cheese sauce (or you could just use some shreds on top)
Heat the rice in a large non-stick skillet.
Add the crumbled sausage and saute til the sausage is good and hot.
Spray a casserole dish with cooking oil and put a thin layer of the rice mixture in the bottom of the dish. This will help the bell peppers balance while cooking.
Place the bell pepper halves on top of the rice.
Fill the peppers with the rice mixture.
Pour cheese sauce over peppers (or add shredded cheese).
Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350F for 35-45 minutes. You want the peppers to be soft but not overcooked.
You can serve this with garlic bread, or a side salad to round out your meal.