- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 6 cups chicken broth (I used 6 cups water & 2 tablespoons no chicken-chicken broth mixed)
- 1 large celery stalk, chopped
- 1/2 medium Vidalia onion, chopped
- 4 ounces baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- fresh ground pepper
- pinch of thyme
- 1 1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables (peas, carrots, green beans, corn)
- 2 potatoes, scrubbed and cubed small
- 1 package chicken style seitan, cut into bite-sized pieces
- salt, to taste
Mix the cold water with flour in a medium bowl and whisk until well blended. Set aside.
Add the 6 cups of broth to a soup pot and bring to a boil. Add celery, onion, mushrooms, thyme, pepper and frozen vegetables and return to a boil.
Partially cover and simmer on low until vegetables are soft, about 20 minutes.
Add potatoes and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add chicken, and slowly stir in flour/water mixture, stirring well as you add.
Cook another 2-3 minutes, until soup thickens, taste and adjust salt and pepper to taste; serve. I served this with saltines since I was thinking and didn't make cornbread. duh!