|Pastitsio with Garlic Bread|
- 8 ounces uncooked penne (I had partial boxes of Rotini, Penne and mini wheels and used them all)
- Cooking spray
- 1 package Gimme Lean Ground Beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 cups of your favorite unsweet vegan milk
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 8- ounce Toffuti cream cheese
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) Diaya mozzarella cheese
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add Gimme Lean to pan; sauté 5 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble. Remove beef from pan.
Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion; sauté 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add garlic; sauté 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Add beef; sprinkle with salt. Add flour; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently.
Stir in milk, tomatoes, 1/2 of the mozzarella and cream cheese, stirring until smooth; bring to a simmer. Cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Stir in pasta.
Spoon pasta mixture into a baking dish coated with cooking spray.
Sprinkle with the rest of the over top.
Bake at 350 for 30 to 40 minutes until it's nice and bubbly. Enjoy!