- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups Better Than Bouillon - no chicken broth
- 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons chipotle chilis in adobo sauce (or more to taste)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (plus more for garnish)
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 14.5-ounce can petite diced tomatoes
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 8-ounce box Westsoy Chicken flavored Seitan Cubes (cut into bite sized pieces)
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions, for topping
- Toffuti sour cream
Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté until soft, 3-4 minutes.
Add the chicken broth, tomato sauce and chipotle adobo sauce and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and add drained beans, diced tomatoes, corn, cumin, oregano and stir.
Add the chicken seitan, cover and cook on low heat for 20-30 minutes. Add cilantro. Add salt and cumin to taste.
Serve in bowls and top with sour cream, scallions and cilantro. You can also top with avocado or crushed tortilla chips. Enjoy!