- 1 1/2 cups uncooked long-grain rice
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter (Earth Balance)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups vegan chicken broth
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 bag Morning Star Chik'n Strips (or whatever your fav is)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh green beans, cut into 1" pieces (I only had frozen ones, so I thawed and used 'em)
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges
Prepare rice according to package directions.
Meanwhile, melt butter in a heavy saucepan over low heat; whisk in flour until smooth. Cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute. Gradually whisk in chicken broth, milk, and coconut milk. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, 2 minutes or until mixture is thick and bubbly.
Stir in curry paste and next 3 ingredients.
Stir chicken, green beans, and red bell pepper strips into curry mixture; cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Stir in 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro. Serve chicken mixture over rice. Sprinkle with remaining chopped cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.