Sunday, October 30, 2011

Vegan Food

This weekend I tried several dishes that I printed from other vegan sites. I've given full credit from the blog I found the recipe and took my own pics (although some aren't that great.) It was a great weekend of cooking.

1) Friday night I made Spicy Whole Wheat Sesame Noodles with Chicken, Green Onions, and Cilantro from KalynsKitchen.com

My substitutions: cubed seitan instead of cooked chicken and Spicy Chili & Garlic Sauce instead of the Thai Chili Garlic Paste. This was delicious!!!

2) Saturday dinner was the Vegan Pea Soup - Homestyle from the Healthy Happy Life blog. I forgot to take a pic but this was so warm and delicous.

My Substitutions: I didn't soak the peas, just rinsed them and started cooking. I used baby bellas instead of shiitakes. I let this soup simmer for hours checking to make sure it didn't need more liquid and to stir the bottom well.

3)  This morning I wanted to make a breakfast burrito and I had this recipe for Field Roast Sausage and Vegetable Hash laying on the bar. This recipe is from Epicurean Vegan.
Sorry for the blurry photo
 My substitutions: Smoked Apple and Sage instead of Italian Sausages and 1 yellow crooked-necked squash instead of zucchini.

0 comments:

Post a Comment