Friday, December 17, 2010

Salty Chocolate-Pecan Candy

This recipe was in an old Southern Living Magazine (one of my fav mags). Sweets are not something we have around the house on a regular basis, but chocolate is a weakness. The bittersweet chocolate bar was vegan but I could not find any white chocolate in the store that was vegan. You can probably order it online or find some at a whole foods store. I made this to give as gifts so I went ahead and used Bakers white chocolate. I'm not a huge white chocolate fan, and I do believe you just want the nice color swirls SO I think maybe a light vegan chocolate and a very dark one would be nice as well. 
I forgot to take a pic and this is the pic from the MyRecipes site. The other pics are mine.

  • 1  cup  pecans, coarsely chopped
  • 3  (4-oz.) bars bittersweet chocolate baking bars
  • 3  (4-oz.) white chocolate baking bars
  • 1  teaspoon  coarse sea salt or Kosher salt

Place pecans in a single layer on a baking sheet.

Bake at 350° for 8 to 10 minutes or until toasted.

Line a 17- x 12-inch jelly-roll pan with parchment paper. Break each chocolate bar into 8 equal pieces. (You will have 48 pieces total.)

Arrange in a checkerboard pattern in jelly-roll pan, alternating white and dark chocolate. (Pieces will touch.)

Bake at 225° for 5 minutes or just until chocolate is melted. Remove pan to a wire rack. Swirl chocolates into a marble pattern using a wooden pick. Sprinkle evenly with toasted pecans and salt.

Chill 1 hour or until firm. Break into pieces. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator up to 1 month. Trust me... those will NOT last a month in your home!

0 comments:

Post a Comment