- 1 pound black beans, soaked, drained and cooked
- 2 packages sazon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 serrano chile, seeded and chopped
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup red wine
- Sea salt to taste
In heavy saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, green pepper, chile and garlic and sauté until softened.
Add oregano, cumin and bay leaf.
Sauté 2 minutes more.
Add black beans to sofrito. Partially cover and simmer 30 minutes longer. Start the rice.
Stir in tomatoes, vinegar and sherry and season with sea salt.
Cook, uncovered, an additional 10 to 15 minutes. Serve over rice with plenty of your favorite hot sauce.