- 2 garlic cloves, mined
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes in puree
- 1 can (or the equivalent) vegetable broth
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach, run your knife through it
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 package Morning Star Chik'n Strips
- Shredded soy Parmesan cheese
In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook garlic in oil for 1 minute. Add pepper flakes and cook another minute. Stir in the tomatoes, broth, spinach and carrots. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until carrots are pretty tender (about 15-20 minutes).
Stir in beans and chik'n; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 10-15 minutes more.
Serve in bowls with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese as garnish. Serves 6