- 1 package stir-fry rice noodles (you can use linguine)
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/3 cup stir-fry sauce
- 1 tablespoons 5-spice powder
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 gloves minced garlic
- 6 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 package extra firm tofu, mashed into smallish clumps
- 1 package morningstar chicken strips
- 1 can baby corn (drained and cut into bite sized pieces)
- 2 cups fresh snow pea pods
- 1/4 dry roasted peanuts
- 2 cups fresh mung bean sprouts
- 4 fresh green onions (chopped, sprinkled over the top as garnish)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro (chopped, sprinkled over the top as garnish)
- lime (sliced into 4 wedges - one for each serving)
Prepare noodles as directed on the package. If they only need to be heated you can prepare them towards the end.
In a bowl, mix lime juice, water, brown sugar, stir-fry sauce, 5-spice powder, vinegar, pepper and 1 tablespoon of the sesame oil.
In a wok, heat 1 tablespoon of sesame oil over medium heat. Cook the garlic in the warm oil for less than a minute. Add the mashed tofu and fry for about 2 minutes. Remove them from the wok when they turn golden brown and set aside.
Add the remaining oil to the warm wok. Be careful - it may splatter. Toss in vegan chicken, baby corn and pea pods and cook. Stir frequently - so they cook evenly. Once the vegetables become tender - pour the lime sauce in. Then add the tofu and mix well. Then add in the cooked noodles. Stir in peanuts, bean sprouts and half of the cilantro. Let this cook for 3-5 minutes. It depends on how saucy you want your dish to be. The longer you cook it - the more liquid evaporates and soaks into the noodles.
Serve this with the green onions and cilantro sprinkled over the top and a lime wedge on the side.