I adapted this rich and creamy entree from a 2001 Southern Living dish. I made it Vegan by using the ingredients listed as substitutes for theirs. It's so creamy and yummy, you have to try it!
- 1 package MorningStar crumbles
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons agave nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces Dreamfields linguine
- 1 (16-ounce) container Tofutti Sour Supreme
- 1 (8-ounce) package Tofutti Better than Cream Cheese
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) Veggie Shredds mozzarella cheese
PreparationCook beef and garlic in a Dutch oven coated with cooking spray, stirring until is no longer frozen.
Stir in tomatoes and next 4 ingredients; simmer 30 minutes. Set meat sauce aside.
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and oil; drain. Place pasta in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
Stir together sour cream, cream cheese, and green onions. Spread over linguine.
Top with meat sauce.
Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, and bake 5 more minutes or until cheese melts. Let stand 5 minutes.
* Regular linguine may be substituted.
** To lower sodium, omit the salt and use reduced-sodium canned tomato products.