Sunday, January 21, 2024

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Dog Treats

This is a little late in being posted. But your fur babies or in my case fur grandbabies will always appreciate a good, healthy snack/treat. I made these for my grand fur babies for Christmas. They loved them. They are super easy and I made some Christmas cut out treats, but they are kind of small and these fur babies are on the bigger size. So the square/rectangle ones are probably more to their liking. What ever size your 4-legged bestie is make these - Valentine's is coming up!

  • 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup natural peanut butter (smooth or chunky - the ingredients in mine are peanuts!)
  • 3/4 cup non-dairy milk (I used plain, unsweet almond milk)
  • 1/2 cup old fashioned oats (I buy organic)
  • 1/4 cup broth or water
  • 1 tablespoon maple syrup
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder 

Preheat oven to 350F. Mix peanut butter, milk, maple syrup and broth in a large bowl. Once combined add all the dry ingredients (flour, oatmeal and baking powder). Stir into well combined. Roll or press out onto a clean, floured surface to about 1/4-inch thick.

If desired use cookie cutters to make shapes.

Or just slice into square, rectangles or whatever. They can be close together as they rise. I used parchment paper on my cookie sheets. Cook for about 25 minutes. Be sure to totally cool before serving and keep them in the frig as they will mold.

Have fun treating your favorite fur babies!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment