Sunday, January 28, 2024

Macaroni Taco Soup (WFPBNO)

I've made Taco Soups before but I don't think I've added pasta to it. This was a nice change. I cooked the pasta separately and kept it in a separate container so it wouldn't absorb all the broth from the soup. These are every day ingredients that you probably have in you pantry or freezer. As the weather starts to cool off again it's soup season! This is also ready in about 30 minutes making it a fast weeknight dinner.

  • 1 sweet onion, diced (about 1 cup to 1 1/2)
  • 1 heaping tablespoon minced garlic (I buy the stuff in a jar)
  • 2 small jalapeno, diced (optional)
  • 1 packet Taco Seasoning mix
  • 1 cup corn, I used frozen
  • 2 15-ounce cans black beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
  • 1 4-ounce can diced green chilies 
  • 3 cups vegetable stock (you can use more if you want it soupier)
  • 1 lime juiced
  • 8 ounces uncooked macaroni
  • Garnish: sliced scallions, chopped avocado, chopped cilantro, tortilla chips, lime wedges

Heat about 1/4 cup of water in a Dutch oven. Add the onion, garlic, jalapeno and taco seasoning. Cook about 2 minutes stirring well. Add another splash of water if needed. Start your pasta, cook according to package directions.

Add corn, beans, tomatoes, chiles and broth. 

Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer 15-20 minutes. Add the lime juice just before serving.

Drain pasta and run cold water over it to keep it from sticking. Set aside.

To serve add some pasta to your bowl. Ladle the hot soup over the pasta and garnish with the things you love. 
Enjoy!!!

2 comments:

  1. Looks good! I need to go to the grocery store for a couple of items but I have most of it in the pantry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my kitchen. I'm sure you'll enjoy this recipe. Come back and let me know what you thought after you've made it. Thanks again! Glo

    ReplyDelete