- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 2 cups mushrooms, diced
- 2 Field Roast Italian Sausages, cut into small cubes
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1 package m ini gnocchi
- 1/2 large package frozen spinach (I let it sit out while I prepared everything)
- 1 can low-fat coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeat
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
In a large soup pot, heat 1/4 cup water and add the garlic; cook for 2 minutes.
Add carrots, celery and onion. Over medium heat, cook about 5 minutes until onions become translucent. Add more water if pot starts to get dry.
Add the mushrooms and sausages, cook 5-7 minutes, stirring often.
Add the broth and let soup simmer 10 minutes or so.
Allow soup to come to a low boil, add gnocchi and spinach. Cook 3-5 minutes.
In a bowl combine cornstarch, nutritional yeast, salt, pepper and coconut milk. Blend well. Add to soup and cook for another minute or 2 until it thickens.
Serve hot and enjoy!!!