- 1/2 sweet onion, roughly chopped
- 1/2 bell pepper, roughly chopped (I used yellow)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 6 medium-sized, soft flour tortillas
- 3 avocados, halved, seeded (use a spoon and scoop flesh into bowl)
- 1/4 cup minced cilantro
- 1 lime, cut in half
- 1 cup Daiya Pepperjack shreds
In a medium pan over medium-high heat, saute onion and bell pepper in 1 tablespoon oil for 2-3 minutes.
Add black beans and taco seasoning. Cook for another minute. Remove from heat. Set aside.
In a small bowl, lightly mash the avocado with a fork. Stir in cilantro, juice of the lime, season with salt and pepper. Set aside. Spread about 1/3-1/2 cup of this mixture over a tortilla. Place tortilla in a warm cast iron skillet.
Top with bean mixture.
Add a layer of cheese.
Add another tortilla.
Cook until the bottom tortilla is brown. Carefully flip.
Cook until the other side is brown. Remove to a cutting board and let rest a bit before you cut into 6ths. Garnish with sour cream, jalapenos, salsa, etc.