- 1 spaghetti squash, medium sized
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 package Beyond Meat Crumbles
- 1 small sweet onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- sea salt and pepper to taste
Cut the squash in half, scoop out seeds. Lightly coast the inside with olive oil and bake at 375F on a foil covered cookie sheet for about 45 minutes. Cool a bit.
Use a fork to shred the "spaghetti" like strands out of the skin.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and green peppers. Saute until tnder about 3 minutes.
Add garlic and mushrooms,cook for about a minute.
Add crumbles, diced tomatoes, sauce, parsley, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Bring to a gentle boil.
Add spaghetti squash noodles and stir well.
Garnish with fresh chopped basil and some nutritional yeast if desired.