- 1 package Gardein Porkless Bites (they come with a sweet and sour packet - toss it in the freezer to use at a later time)
- salt and pepper to taste
- canola oil
- 2 tablespoon unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced into large pieces
- 1 medium russet potato, diced into large (bite-sized) pieces
- 2 cans (4.25 oz each) whole green chiles, sliced into thick rounds
- 1 large jalapeno, de-veined and seeded, diced small (if you don't like heat you can skip this or only use part of the pepper)
- 2 cups no chicken chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic power
- 1 avocado, sliced
- sour cream, Daiya is my favorite
Heat 1-2 tablespoons canola oil in a soup pot. Add onion and jalapeno and heat until onion begins to turn translucent.
Add the remaining ingredients EXCEPT for the porkless bites. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
While the stew simmers, add a tablespoon of oil to a non-stick skillet. When hot add the pork bites and brown well.
Once the pork bites are brown dump in the flour and stir well. Set aside.
Check your stew to see if the potatoes are done.
When the potatoes are tender drop the pork bites into the pan. Stir slowly until the stew thickens.
Serve with sliced avocado and a dollop of sour cream.