- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 4 cups butternut squash, peeled, seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves, garlic, minced
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled, chopped
- 1 can light coconut milk, divided
- 3 cups vegetable stock (or you can use water)
- vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons Thai Red Curry Paste
- 1 teaspoon cumin
Add a tablespoon of oil to a dutch oven. Add onion, garlic, ginger and butternut squash.Cook on medium-high until squash is almost tender.
Add the tomatoes, 1/2 the can of coconut milk, curry paste and cumin. Stir well, reduce heat and simmer about 15 minutes until the squash is very soft. Taste and add salt if needed.
Puree sour with an immersion blender until it's silky smooth.
To serve, garnish with a tablespoon or two of the leftover coconut milk. I served this with a Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese Sandwich. You must make this sandwich