Saturday, November 19, 2016

Thai Tomato & Butternut Bisque

This soup is so satisfying. I went with a best friend to local restaurant and order Thai Tomato & Squash Soup. I was hooked. I found three different recipes on the web that had similiar ingredients but were all different. I took some of each and made a this to try and replicate the soup. I think I nailed it.
  • 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
  • 4 cups butternut squash, peeled, seeded and roughly chopped
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 4 cloves, garlic, minced
  • 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled, chopped
  • 1 can light coconut milk, divided
  • 3 cups vegetable stock (or you can use water)
  • vegetable oil
  • 3 tablespoons Thai Red Curry Paste
  • 1 teaspoon cumin

Add a tablespoon of oil to a dutch oven. Add onion, garlic, ginger and butternut squash.Cook on medium-high until squash is almost tender.

Add the tomatoes, 1/2 the can of coconut milk, curry paste and cumin. Stir well, reduce heat and simmer about 15 minutes until the squash is very soft.  Taste and add salt if needed.

Puree sour with an immersion blender until it's silky smooth.

To serve, garnish with a tablespoon or two of the leftover coconut milk. I served this with a Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese Sandwich.  You must make this sandwich
Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete