Sunday, November 6, 2016

Eggplant, Ham and Havarti Cheese Casserole

I've made Eggplant Rollatini before and that was what I was planning on doing today. However, after slicing the eggplant on my mandolin I decided to just layer it all in a casserole dish. This turned out really good and was pretty effortless. Although I sliced the eggplant to about 1/4-inch thickness it took awhile to get soft. You may wish to slightly cook the eggplant (I would do that on a griddle with minimum oil/spray) before assembling the casserole.
  • 1 medium eggplant, peeled and sliced about 1/4-inch thick (a mandolin comes in handy here)
  • 1 jar of your favorite pasta sauce
  • 1 block Daiya Jalapeno Havarti Cheese
  • 1 package Tofurky Smoked Ham slices 

Preheat oven (I used my toaster oven) to 350. Coat the bottom of your casserole dish with pasta sauce. Place one layer of eggplant, cover in 4-5 slices of ham.

Top with shredded cheese and repeat layers, (sauce, eggplant, ham, cheese) I had enough ingredients for 3 layers.

Top with the last of the pasta sauce.


Bake 45 minutes to an hour.

Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment