For the Salad:
- 1 can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, minced (not packed in oil)
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, drained, dried and minced
- 2 vegan Italian sausages, crumbled
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chiffonade
- 1 heaping cup fresh baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 4 cups whole wheat pasta
For the Italian Dressing:
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup hemp hears
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Bragg's organic apple cider vinegar
- 5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
Bring a pot of water to boil to cook pasta. Meanwhile, saute sausages in skillet until brown.
Turn off the heat and add the beans, set aside.
Prepare the salad dressing by combining all ingredients in a food processor. Blend or a minute, taste, add more seasonings if needed. Set aside.
Cook pasta according to pasta directions. Drain and then add to a large bowl.
Immediately add the dressing and toss.
add the tomatoes, basil, olives, spinach and bean/sausage mixture. Stir well.
Serve with extra salt and pepper.
I made a toast topped with bruschetta for a side.