I made this soup at work for the Lunch Bunch, we each bring one ingredient, throw everything in the slow cooker and share a bowl at lunch time. It was amazing and so I made a batch for home a few days after that. I am sure this would freeze well. So, if it's still cool where you are get out the slow cooker and make this!! If not, then print, bookmark, pin, etc so you'll be able to find it when cool weather returns.
- 1 pound package dried lentils
- 1 package Tofurky Chick'n strips
- 1 can (28 ounce) diced tomatoes
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- Garnish: sliced scallions, sour cream
Line slow cooker with slow cooker bag. Place all ingredients in slow cooker (except the garnish stuff) and stir to combine.
Cook on HIGH for FOUR hours or LOW for EIGHT hours. Stir well,
Garnish as desired.