- 8 ounces elbow pasta (or other small pasta shape)
- 1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can enchilada sauce (15 ounce) or homemade
- 1-1/2 cups water (you can add more if it seems to thick at the end)
- 1 package Taco seasoning mix
- 1 can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 package Gardein Chick'n Strips, cut into thirds
- 1 can diced green chilies
- 1 package Daiya cheddar shreds (8 ounces)
- Garnish: fresh cilantro, scallions, lime wedges, sour cream, etc
In a colander, rinse and drained the uncooked pasta.
Om a large saucepan, mix pasta, tomatoes, enchilada sauce, water and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and cook until pasta is done. Refer to the pasta box to get an idea, my elbows only needed about 10 minutes. Do NOT drain.
Stir in beans, corn and chicken; return to simmering.