- 2 packages Gardein Beefless Strips or Tips (I used one of each, it's all I had)
- 3 10-ounce cans mild or medium red enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh roasted Hatch green chilies (or 15 oz canned chilies)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1½ teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon cold water + 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 burrito-sized flour tortillas
- 1 package Daiya shredded Pepper Jack shreds
- Garnishes: chopped scallions, chopped tomato, pico, guac, sour cream, etc.
Brown the beefless pieces in a large sauce pan over medium heat. Add 2 cans enchilada sauce, chilies, black beans, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and cumin to the pan. Whisk together water and corn starch in a small bowl, add to pan and stir. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook for another 15 minutes.
Cover the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish with a thin layer of the sauce (no chunks of Gardein though). Add a generous amount of the filling to the middle of each tortilla. Wrap up tightly and place seam-side-down in a greased baking dish.
Continue until you've filled up your casserole dish or run out of tortillas.
Top with any remaining filling mixture.
Pour the other can of enchilada sauce over the burritos and sprinkle shredded cheese on top. Bake at 400 for 20 minutes until cheese is bubbly.
Serve with garnishes and enjoy!