- 3 “eggs” worth of egg replacer ( I used 3 tablespoons flaxseed meal + 9 tablespoons water)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup Silk Soymilk
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1-1/2 cups unbleached white flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 large zucchini (about cups 2 cups grated zucchini)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
Grate the zucchini and place between paper towels, press to remove excess moisture.
Chop walnuts, not to fine.
Mix the flaxseed meal with the water and set aside for about 5 minutes.
In a separate bowl, combine the flours, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and cocoa.
Add the oil, vanilla, milk and sugar to the flaxseed eggs.
Make a well in the dry ingredients, pour in the wet ingredients, and mix together.
Add the zucchini, walnuts and chocolate chips.
Spray two 9″ x 5″ pans with non-stick spray. Add 1/2 of the bread batter to each pan.
Bake in a 350 degree oven 50-60 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool about 10 minutes before removing from pans.