- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon Bragg's
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large jalapeno chile, thinly sliced
- 1 package Gardein meatless chick'n strips, slightly thawed
- 1 1/2 cups sliced red bell pepper (I used 6 baby sweet red peppers)
- 1 sweet onion, thinly vertically sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
Combine hoisin, sugar, 1 tablespoon water, and Bragg's in a bowl, stirring with a whisk until sugar dissolves.
Heat a wok or large skillet over high heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Add garlic and jalapeno chile; stir-fry 30 seconds or until fragrant. Remove and set aside.
Add chick'n strips; stir-fry 4-6 minutes, until browned.
Add bell pepper and sliced onion; stir-fry 2 minutes.
Add the jalapeno/garlic mixture and the hoisin mixture; bring to a boil. Cook 30 seconds or until slightly thickened.
Stir in basil and juice.