- 1 (10 ounce) Ro-tel diced tomatoes and green chilis, not drained
- 1 (10 ounce) mild red enchilada sauce (or homemadea0
- 2 cups pasta (I used a shell shape)
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup whole kernel corn (if using frozen you don't have to thaw it first)
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 package Gardein Chick'n Strips (don't use the seasoning packet if it came with one), slightly thawed and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 package low-sodium taco seasoning
- 3/4 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Garnishes: sliced green onions, extra cheese, sour cream, cilantro, pickled jalapenos
In a large skillet over high heat, combine the Ro-tel tomatoes, enchilada sauce, pasta, and the water.
While waiting for the mixture to boil, drain and rinse the black beans, cut the bell pepper and chicken pieces into large diced pieces. As soon as the pasta mixture starts to boil add the beans, corn, pepper, taco seasoning and chick'n to the skillet. Reduce heat to low, cover, and let simmer for about 15-20 minutes or until the pasta is tender and cooked through.
Add in the cheese, stir, and add in any additional toppings. (I chopped up cilantro and some green onions).
Let sit til cheese melts. Give it one more stir.
Now add whatever garnishes you want to your plate.