- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 Vidalia sweet onions, finely chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 poblano peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 cubanelle pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups no-chicken chicken broth
- 3 (15-ounce) cans cannelini beans, rinsed, drained and divided
- 1 package Beyond Meat Chick'n flavored strips
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Garnish: lime wedges, cheddar cheese (Daiya), cilantro, sour cream, crushed tortilla chips
Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat until it is shimmering. Add the onions, peppers, cumin, chili powder, paprika, and cayenne. Cook until the vegetables have softened, about 7 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
Add the flour and stir until no raw flour remains about 1 minute.
Slowly stir in the broth.
Add one can of the beans, using a potato masher, mash the beans in the pot, creating a thicker texture.
Stir in the remaining beans, the chicken and the lime juice. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
Stir in the sour cream and warm for about 5 minutes longer.
Serve with desired garnishes.