- 2 tablespoons olive oil b
- 1 package Beyond Meat chicken strips, slightly thawed and cut in half
- salt and pepper
- 1 medium Vidalia onion,chopped fine
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 8-ounces Rotini
- 2 1/2 cups no-chicken chicken broth
- 1/2 cup Tofutti sour cream
- 1 bunch brocoli (1 1/2 pounds), stems discarded & florets cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup jarred roasted red pepper, rinsed & sliced into strips
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
In a large skillet over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Once the olive oil is shimmering, add the chicken pieces and season with salt and pepper. Cook until the chicken is just starting to browne, about 4 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a bowl and set aside.
Add the other tablespoon of olive oil to the skillet. Add the onion, oregano, red pepper flakes, and 1/2 a teaspoon salt. Cook until the onion is softened and just starting to brown, about 5 minutes.
Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
Add the rotini to the pan followed by the the chicken broth and sour cream. Give it a quick stir and cover, bringing to a boil, taking about 5 minutes.
Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the broccoli and roasted red peppers. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the pasta starts to soften and broccoli turns bright green, about 8 minutes.
Add the chicken. Cover and continue to simmer until everything is hot, about 3 minutes longer.
Stir in the nutritional yeast and season with salt and pepper. I served this with a piece of toasted bread.