- 2 tablespoons Earth Balance margarine
- 1 (5-ounce) bag fresh baby spinach
- 1 (8-ounce) package fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups no-chicken chicken broth
- 1 (16-ounce) box penne pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 1 package Beyond Meat chicken strips, slightly thawed and cut in half (or even thirds)
- 1 package Diaya mozzarella shreds
- 1 cup jarred roasted red pepper, drained and cut into 1/4-inch thick strips
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast.
Preheat oven to 350. Spray at 13x9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
In a large Dutch oven, melt margarine over medium heat. Add spinach; cook, sitrring occasionally, just until wilted. Remove from pan; set aside.
To the same pan, add mushrooms and onion; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes.
Add flour, and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes.
Stir in broth, and cook, stirring often, for 15 minutes or until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
Remove from heat, and stir in spinach, pasta and next 6 ingredients. Spoon mixture into prepared pan, and sprinkle with nutritional yeast.
Bake for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.