- 1 pound package Chicken-Style Seitan
- 1 can (15 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (10 oz) Rotel
- 1 can (10 oz) enchilada sauce
- 1 medium onion,chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups water
- 14.5 ounces no-chicken chicken broth
- 1 heaping teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (10 oz) package frozen whole kernel corn
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 7 corn tortillas (I didn't have any so I used tostidos chips)
- vegetable oil (didn't use see item above)
- Garnish: sour cream, shredded cheese, tortilla strips, etc.
Put all ingredients in the slow cooker, except for the tortillas and oil (again I used crushed chips on top instead.) Cook on high 3-4 hours or low 7-8 hours.
If you are using tortillas then heat oven to 400, lightly brush tortillas with oil, cut into strips, toss onto baking sheet. Bake 10-15 minutes.
Ladle soup into bowls and serve with crushed chips (or tortilla strips), shredded cheese and sour cream.