- 1 pound Smart Ground beef
- 2 links Field Roast Chorizo
- 2 large onions, chopped (2 cups)
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 8-ounce cans tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 3 15-ounce cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 semisweet chocolate, chopped
In a Dutch oven add beef and crumbled chorizo, cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes. Add onions and garlic to pan; cook about 5 minutes or until almost tender.
Add the chili powder and cumin; cook for 1 minute, until fragrant. Add tomato sauce and water; bring to boiling. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
Stir all beans into chili. Return to simmering; cook about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in the chopped cilantro, chocolate and salt (if needed to taste) until chocolate is melted.
Serve with some sort of crackers, corn bread, etc. Yummy!