- 1 pound dried red beans
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning
- 1 package Field Roast Italian Sausage, thinly sliced
- Hot cooked long-grain rice
- Hot sauce (optional)
- Garnish: finely chopped green onions, finely chopped red onion
Combine first 7 ingredients and 7 cups water in a 4-qt. slow cooker.
Cover and cook on HIGH 7 hours or until beans are tender. Add the sausage and cook until they are good and hot. I cooked on low for about an hour to help the flavors marry.
Give a final stir before serving.
Serve red bean mixture with hot cooked rice, and, if desired, hot sauce. Garnish, if desired.