- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (19-ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 (16-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can Rotel
- 1 (11-ounce) can Mexican-style corn, drained
- 1 teaspoon fajita seasoning or chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (10-ounce) package 6-inch corn tortillas
- 1 package Morning Star Farms chicken strips (cut into bite sized pieces)
- 1 package Daiya PepperJack cheese
Saute onion in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until tender.
Spoon one-third of sauce mixture in bottom of a lightly greased 2 quart baking dish.
Layer with one-third of tortillas.
Layer half of the chicken.
Add 1/3 of the cheese.
Repeat layers with one-third each of sauce mixture and tortillas, remaining chicken, and 1 cup cheese. Top with remaining tortillas, sauce mixture, and 1/3 of the cheese.
Bake at 350° for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
Serve with garnishes of your choice (see top for ideas) and an ice cold beer or glass of wine. Enjoy!