Thursday, August 11, 2011

Beef(less) Tacos

I really enjoy using the Gardein brand products. You can substitute these products in every day recipes, maybe adjust your seasonings and voila, you have a vegan meal. I've seen several recipes for soft tacos and this was my take on them using what I had on hand.

  • 1 package Gardein Beefless Tips
  • 6 fajita size flour tortillas 
  • 1/3 cup green salsa
  • 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
  • 1/2 lime, squeezed
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • Salsa:
  • 3/4 cup green salsa
  • 1 avocado, diced
  • 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
  • 1 tablespoon onion, chopped
  • 1/2 lime, juiced
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 1 cup canned corn, drained
  • garnishes: lettuce, jalapenos, cheese, things you like on a taco

Defrost beefless tips for 10 minutes or so. Combine marinade ingredients. 

Cut tips in half and marinate for 20 minutes. 

Heat nonstick skillet, add oil and sear beefless tips for 3 minutes or so on each side.

While this is cooking combine avocado salsa ingredients in medium bowl. Set aside. 

Warm tortillas for a few moments in the microwave. Put taco meat in middle of tortilla with avocado salsa and some lettuce and fold. Garnish with green onions, shredded cheese, chopped fresh cilantro, lime wedges.

2 comments:

  1. The tacos look delicious. I love Gardein products. They are so versatile and easy to create with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @KathyThanks Kathy, I love their products too. They taste delicious and are very versatile. Thanks for visiting my blog. (I love your site.)

    ReplyDelete